Continuous Partial Attention

While going through 100's of emails today I ran across one that caught my eye which lead to a great video on "Continuous Partial Attention" by Linda Stone. So of course, I tried to watch/listen to the video while I continued to go through emails, add a new font to the website, review the new invitation designs I'll be added to the website today and while I could normally have called this multi-tasking, after listening/watching then only watching the video again, I realize I am sooo guilty of "Continuous Partial Attention" and not just when I'm sitting at my desk "working". I read while watching TV, I pickup the kitchen while trying to have conversations, I type while taking on the phone, I try to eat while I'm driving and the list goes on and on. While this clip may seem long to watch, you can give it your continuous partial attention until light bulb moment when you start it from the beginning and really pay attention as I had to do - and then a "light bulb moment". Tell me what you think!

Linda Stone at Gel 2006 from Gel Conference on Vimeo.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...