4th of July Party Invitations

I'm not sure if our founding fathers planned Independence Day to fall in the middle of the sunny summer when they picked July 4th or if it was just coincidence, but by July, I know I'm not alone in wanting an excuse to get together with friends and family and party until the last fireworks fade away.

When I lived in Illinois, many a 4th was spent at my parent's house on the lake boating, trying to water sky, eating and just hanging out with the family.

Now that I live in Southern California, we break out the Mai Tais, the pool floats, and relax to our favorite music while "Cabana Boy Tim" (my husband) grills his favorite Killer Ribs, burgers and dogs. There's >usually a game of pool basketball "Piggy" (my son chooses Piggy as there is more letters and gives him and dear-old-dad a longer game) going on as the women scramble to the pool's beach entrance so as not to get drenched or dunked.

Then the big decision of the night - do we drive down to watch the fireworks over the lake or do we watch several shows from the comfort of our back deck. The back deck has won out the last few years so maybe this year we'll decide to try the up-close fireworks at the lake. Either way, it's sure to be a fabulous day shared with friends and family. Happy 4th to all of you, too!

Click here to see all our 4th of July invitations.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...